Principal Specialist (Service Level Management)
- Information Services
- Band 7
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Digital Health and Care Wales
- Any DHCW site across Wales
- Base to be agreed
- £38,890 - £44,503 Per Annum
- 05/08/2021 23:59
Digital Health and Care Wales is an ambitious organisation created by Welsh Government to lead on the digital transformation of health and care. It builds on the digital architecture and national services put in place by the NHS Wales Informatics Service over the past decade.
The organisation will lead on large-scale developments that make a significant difference to the people of Wales as well as to health and care professionals, such as expansion of the digital patient record and the creation of a National Data Resource. It will improve the way data is collected, shared and used. Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
All applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
Band 7 – Principal Specialist (Service Level Management)
THIS POST IS A FIXED TERM POST/ SECONDMENT FOR 12 MONTHS TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE SECONDMENT POSITION, YOU MUST OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM YOUR CURRENT LINE MANAGER PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR THIS POST.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented, enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Information Services Directorate in the role of Principal Specialist (Service Level Management) within the Information Programmes Management Team.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide specialist ITIL Service Management skills, knowledge and advice to ISD
- Be responsible for identifying, negotiating, developing and managing service requirements, agreements, plans and procedures for specific Information Services Directorate services and products in conjunction with the DHCW Service Management team.
- Be responsible for implementing processes for the end-to-end management of specific services across the Directorate.
- Manage, evaluate and report on the quality of these services through defining, agreeing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and conducting regular internal service reviews.
- Responsible for planning and deploying service management arrangements for new (and existing) ISD services and products from inception through to ongoing full live service support. Responsible for developing and implementing Continuous Service Improvement Plans with other teams in ISD for services once they become operational.
What we are looking for.....
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate proven experience and strong skills in the following areas: -
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Thorough and demonstrable ITIL skills and knowledge in a service lead environment.
- The capability to take existing ISD products and services and putting a service management ‘wrap’ around them that complies with current DHCW practices and policies.
Why join us?
- Job security tied to a competitive salary and a good pension
- Automatic membership of the NHS pension scheme
- We offer opportunities for continuous professional development with in-house training, workshops and seminars as well as using external training providers.
- Access to NHS staff benefits
- 27 days paid leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Principal Project Manager
Trevor Hughes - Information Programmes and Planning Lead