CAV 24/7 Salaried GP OOH
NHS Medical & Dental: Salaried GP
- Urgent Primary Care
- NHS Medical & Dental: Salaried GP
- Full time
- Part time
- Cardiff and Vale University Health Board
- Cardiff Royal Infirmary
- Dependant on experience
- 28/08/2022 23:59
CARING FOR PEOPLE - KEEPING PEOPLE WELL
CAV 24/7 is part of the Cardiff and Vale UHB and provides urgent Primary Care Services and is the first point of contact for the Local Emergency and Minor Injury Units. This serves a population of approx. 500,000 across Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. Our service has been leading the way in Urgent Care services with developments such as:
- Reducing avoidable hospital admissions and inappropriate 999 ambulance demand
- Phone first for Emergency Unit attendance
- Mental health triage and learning opportunities
- Palliative care triage and partnership working with palliative care colleagues across organisations
- Emergency dental triage
- Access to Urgent Primary Care Hubs
- Clinical support for the St David’s Hospital transitional care unit. This may include face to face consultations and virtual ward rounds.
Operating over a 24-hour period, CAV 247, since its launch in August 2020, CAV 24/7 has improved patient access to the right services at the right time. As the salaried GP, your remit could include one or a combination of;
- Providing telephone assessment
- Providing face to face consultations (including base and home visits)
- Urgent Primary Care Hubs
- Providing telephone assessment
- Providing face to face consultations
- Virtual or face to face ward rounds
- Education, Leadership and Governance
- Develop and support the dissemination of best practice,.
- Delivery of staff training
- Assist the Clinical Director in ensuring clinical governance is embedded.
Main duties of the job
You will work within a multi-disciplinary team and be part of an enthusiastic, innovative service which has increasing opportunities to work, share and learn with colleagues in Primary, Urgent and Emergency Care.
You will enjoy the benefits of being employed by the NHS and the flexibility of working within a supportive organisation. You will also have the opportunity to build on your personal and professional development including managerial and leadership skills development.
The service is looking for a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week. There are three salary scale options based upon the working pattern determined at interview.
- Weekday daytime only (Monday to Friday)
- Mixture of Daytime and OOHs excluding overnight periods (with 75% of total hours worked within OOHs periods)
- Overnight only
Pay scale: £63,803.00 to £125,161.00 - according to work pattern
You will work within facilities comprising clinical consulting areas, triage suite, vehicles and drivers for home visiting and full IT facilities will also be provided.
Working for our organisation
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission is “Caring for People, Keeping People Well”, and our vision is that every person’s chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population’s health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worlds.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents
- Full GMC registration
- MRCGP or equivalent
- PMETB or JCPTGP Certificate
- Registered on Welsh Performers List
- - Broad based experience in General Practice
- - Competence in General Medical Services
- - Meet the requirement of the GMC’s “Good Medical Practice”
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sherard Le Maitre
- Job title
- Clinical Director
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 02920 745702
- Additional information
For further information and visits to the department please contact
Helen Earland, Clinical (Nursing) / Operational Lead at Helen.Earland2@wales.nhs.uk / Telephone: 02920 335287
Danielle James, Senior Operational Manager at Danielle.email@example.com / Telephone: 02920 745702